Sunday, October 5, 2008

Featured Seller- No. 11

Let's hear it for LieblingDesigns!



What made you want to start crafting?
I've been crafting all my life, and can't pinpoint an exact moment except to say that the women in my family have always been very crafty. My grandmother is a talented seamstress, knitter and crocheter and my mother was always into one creative project or another. It's always been a natural thing for me to do.

What do you sell?
I am currently selling my personally designed and handcrafted line of jewelry.

What makes you different from other sellers?
I have a signature style to my work, and this fall I've launched a line of floral necklaces that incorporate different materials like silk florals, ribbon, chain, lace and more. I don't see many others doing exactly what I'm doing right now, so I definately differ in that aspect.

What advice to you have for other crafters?
No matter what, do what you love. Whether it sells or not, the most important thing is to go after what you enjoy in life. I think we all got into crafting because we simply love to create, and keeping that your sole focus will keep you happy.


Do you have an items in your store that you love? Tell us about it.
I love them all, but if I have to play favorites right now I'm really loving the Josephine Necklace. It's soft and romantic yet bold and striking at the same time. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14580961

Tell us about your newest item for sale?
I have a necklace in my shop that is on sale in support of breast cancer research called "Passionately Pink". It's a lovely strand of white teardrop glass pearls and a single pretty little pink rose. I'll be donating a portion of the proceeds from the sale of these necklaces to the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I'm very excited to raise money for breast cancer research, it affects so many women and I'd really like to see more education and resources for women.

Where do you see yourself going with your craft in the future?
I'd love to be creating and selling my jewelry independently and running a successful business based on my designs. I'm always learning, and would love to keep layering my skills over the years and eventually teach jewelry design in some capacity.

Where can we buy your products?
You can find my jewelry online at www.lieblingdesigns.etsy.com.


Are there any other links that you would like to include?
I have a blog that I maintain fairly well, it's a spot for me to talk about my craft and what I'm learning as well as highlight fashion, style and interesting things I find online and fall in love with. I also use it to make announcements about new lines, accomplishments, show tutorials and give advice on turning your craft hobby into a business. You can find it at www.lieblingartcrafts.wordpress.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those flowers!