Monday, September 22, 2008

Featured Seller

Let's hear it for RandomCatGirl!



Tell us about yourself.(Name, Shop Name, Shop Link, location, etc)
My name is Sarah Macklin and I run the accessories business Random CatGirl. Meow! You can find me at my main store, www.randomcatgirl.com and on etsy at www.randomcatgirl.etsy.com.

What made you want to start crafting?
Heh-heh. When wasn’t I crafting? I’ve always been a creative person (went to school for art) and loved working with my hands so crafting just evolved from my art.

What do you sell?
I sell jewelry, totes and purses, and kanzashi which is Japanese for hair ornaments.

What makes you different from other sellers?
I try to blend a unique style to my creations by mixing in different influences and cultures.

What advice to you have for other crafters?
Love what you do and try to do your best at it. Remember, there is always room for improvement and new ideas.

Do you have any items in your store that you love? Tell us about it.
I absolutely love my kanzashi. They’re made from a technique that I learned that is similar to origami. Instead of paper, squares of fabric are folded to make different flowers, cranes, butterflies, and more. It’s sadly dying out in Japan so I’m very glad that I learned how to do it.

Tell us about your latest item for sale.
Well, it’s a kanzashi as well. It’s made in the style of a cherry blossom and since I made it from a sushi print I made a sushi roll bead from polymer clay for the center embellishment. It was really fun to make.

Where do you see yourself going with your craft in the future?
I would love to have my items in boutiques around my area and see one of my purses in a fashion magazine. I’ll get there eventually.

Where can we buy your products?
You can buy my products at www.randomcatgirl.com for my limited edition accessories and at www.randomcatgirl.etsy.com for many of my one-of-a-kind items. ^_^

Are there any other links that you would like to include?
If you’d like to see how I work and what else is going on with the random catgirl you can check out my blog at www.randomcatgirl.wordpress.com.

No comments: